London Dancers, Teachers & Dance Professionals: Let your voice be heard!
What does the London dance community want and need? We have some big questions to answer to determine how we’ll move forward for the 2020/2021 season. We would like to hear how we can better serve artists, improve our allyship, and adapt to digital and distanced dance. Tell us what you think by completing a survey, or participating in our monthly round table meetings.
Here are some of the questions we’re asking:
- How can CMA & LDF better serve our dance community?
- What do you need in order to make a better living in dance?
- What’s missing in your dance life and our city?
- How can we improve our BIPOC allyship?
- Do you feel represented in our events?
- How would you spend our budget?
- What should we pay you for?
- How can we capture the energy of live dance in a digital format?
- What are the upsides of digital dance training and performance?
Fill out our Dance Artist Survey!
Answer our survey! Your feedback is really important to us. Your answers will help us to better understand our community and it’s needs, plan future programming that is relevant and inclusive, and get more funding so we can present more programs.
The Plan for 2020/2021
As we all know, the on-going COVID-19 pandemic is having a big impact on people’s lives and activities. The Centre of Movement Arts has outlined a plan for the coming 2020/2021 season to better understand this impact before programming our events for the year. We are aware that the situation will continue to change, but this will be our general way forward:
- Check in with dance community through open call & survey
- Host community round table meetings (virtually)
- Analyze info gathered and plan programming to meet the needs of community
- Present outdoor/online Winter performance event
- Present classes and workshops starting in early 2021
- Present live Spring performance event (possibly outdoors or online)
- Gather more feedback on programs and assess the current pandemic situation
- Plan & present 2021 festival